- Cybercrime will continue to grow and more Zeus-like malware will continue to flood the black market.
- Data loss prevention systems and DDoS protection will be on everyone's mind after the Wikileaks debacle.
- The perimeter will continue to fade with the use of mobile devices being attached to the network (tablets, phones, etc..). How to secure the data on these devices and the network needs to be reviewed.
- A rise in malware based apps for Smartphones, especially on the Android platform since its open. This is the next big risk that's just waiting to happen.
- Cloud based providers will be breached and we'll start seeing some of the potential dangers about blind trust to a service provider.
- Social media will continue to be a sore spot with information security and it will be interesting to see how companies deal with the growing need for these sites, while securing data.
- The media will pay more attention to cyber attacks.
- Security vendors will continue to merger until we're left with three major players that do everything.
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Predictions for 2011
Here are a few predictions for 2011: